Tuesday 29 July 2014

Walthamstow

I started local and in an area I'm familiar with, Walthamstow. It has seen worse days and is starting to become one of these fashionable places where rich live on top of poor. However it has always had a vast array of independent shops, Some with incredibly delightful names.Here we go!


What better way to attract smokers to your business than implying you have a whole city full of tobacco!


Straight to the point!


A greasy spoon with a Dickensian/Las Vegas magician vibe.


A fish mongers that doesn't need to conform to the England langwhich


One shop named after a deprived area based in another deprived area. I think it's safe to say that this was the Bronx that Jennifer Lopez sings about coming from :)


I did a double take when I saw this! Had I stumbled upon some sort of high breed chicken AND computer shop!?..........the answer is no, It was just a chicken shop


A Polish delicatessen named after a famous traveller.....what more is there to say apart from spectacular 


Not what I'd call my clothes shop but points for being brave. The fact they don't explain what B.A.D stands for must be a way of playing on people's curiosity and a way to get customers into the shop


I often come here to discuss my evil plans with other super villains......and to meet married women off the internet 


Everyone like's a pun!


They certainly do!


I put this on here not so much for the name, But despite it being closed it's just rare to see an independent bookies in London nowadays. They either get brought and turned into chain bookies or become a Tesco Express like every other fucking shop.


That's right darlings, A shop exists in on this planet where you can get your perfume AND your printing done!. 





No comments:

Post a Comment