Tuesday 29 July 2014

Plumstead High Street

A trip and a stroll south of the river Thames produced these beauties!



How ingenious to name a Chinese restaurant with the same name as an English pub! Or perhaps it was the other way round :S


Alan's Beds: 'Plumstead's Premier Bed Supplier'. I thought that was a very bold proclamation and wondered what the need for it was. I found out a few doors down why this was a necessity...


Alan's rivals on Plumstead high street.....


This has inspired me to open a kebab house called 'Shooting Up'. I joke, For me, The only comparisons Chinese food and heroin have is I always want more of them both after I've finished my first batch.


I looked through the window to see if the famous Mama G was in running her shop. Unfortunately she must have been on holiday or something


A double whammy here!. You know you've made your mark in history as an international figurehead of peace and harmony when a restaurant on Plumstead High Street is named after you. As for the shop next door I don't know who Mr.Uncle is, But I sure as hell want to meet him! :)


Apologies for the crappy photo. The shop is called 'Think Big' with the subtitle 'Fashionable Clothing For The Bigger Man'. I cant recall ever seeing a shop like this in my time. I didn't think anywhere in the world would warrant a whole shop for this sort or niche market.............................................................................................apart from America 





  

No comments:

Post a Comment